The gift of prayer is the ability to pray daily, and to frequently receive clear responses from God to prayer requests
Moses, Hannah, David, Anna, Jesus, Paul and Silas
People with this gift can
- Pray for an hour or more each day.
- Feel God’s presence throughout the day.
- Find direction and answers to prayer in the Bible.
- Frequently receive concrete responses to prayer.
- Always take questions, concerns, joys and needs to God in prayer.
- May give others without this gift a guilty conscience or cause them to feel less "spiritual."
- May see prayer as the answer to everything and neglect other forms of Christian action.
Tips for nurturing this gift
- Join with others who have this gift. Have someone that you go to for prayer and support.
- Maintain a prayer request list and note results.
- If possible, create a prayer place in your house.
- Attend retreats and other opportunities for personal nurture in prayer.
Prayer groups or chains, vigils, personal witness to other Christians about prayer, ...
Not to be confused with the responsibility of all Christians to …
(c) 2004, 2006, 2008 David Ewart, www.davidewart.ca
Permission is granted to photocopy all Spirit Given Gift materials for non-profit use, provided credit is acknowledged.
An easy to print or email Adobe PDF version of this page is available by clicking here.