The gift of organization is the ability to see the specific actions needed to achieve goals, and to organize information, resources and people to work effectively to accomplish those goals.
Moses’ father-in-law, Jethro, Abigail, Jael, Tamar, Ezra, Nehemiah, Martha, Titus, Phoebe, Dorcas
People with this gift can
- Develop the ways and means to achieve goals.
- Assist others to be both more efficient and effective.
- Create order out of chaos.
- Help keep others organized and on task.
- Work without supervision.
- May become the one who always sees the problems and never sees the opportunities.
- May over-estimate difficulties and requirements; turning needs into obstacles and road blocks.
- May over-plan and get in the way of spontaneity and "fun."
- May have difficulty trusting the Spirit to work in unimagined ways.
- May be so task oriented they forget relational and spiritual needs.
- Detail oriented
- Plans ahead
Tips for nurturing this gift
- Read books on management and/or attend seminars.
- Help others to practice time management and other good organizational practices.
Secretary of any group or office, event planner, finance committee, campaign organizer, …
Not to be confused with the responsibility of all Christians to …
Work for the common good.
(c) 2004, 2006, 2008 David Ewart, www.davidewart.ca
Permission is granted to photocopy all Spirit Given Gift materials for non-profit use, provided credit is acknowledged.
An easy to print or email Adobe PDF version of this page is available by clicking here.