The gift of knowledge is the ability to discover, organize, synthesize, clarify, and analyze information and ideas for the health of the church.
Queen of Sheba, Paul, Peter, Philip, Timothy
People with this gift can
- Perceive, receive and apply truths to serve the church.
- Search the Bible for insight, guidance, understanding and examples.
- Organize and connect information from different sources.
- Present data to clarify, inform and inspire other.
- May accumulate knowledge as an end in itself without contributing to the health of the church.
- May have an unrealistic view of a ministry’s practical needs and requirements.
- May develop a proud, know-it-all spirit.
- Knowledge may lead to a time of disillusionment.
Tips for nurturing this gift
- Maintain the practice of regular Bible study.
- Keep up with current affairs.
- Read and take courses, attend lectures, etc.
Church health research, social trends analysis, demographic research, …
Not to be confused with the responsibility of all Christians to …
Learn from Jesus.
(c) 2004, 2006, 2008 David Ewart, www.davidewart.ca
Permission is granted to photocopy all Spirit Given Gift materials for non-profit use, provided credit is acknowledged.
An easy to print or email Adobe PDF version of this page is available by clicking here.