The gift of hospitality is the ability to enjoy meeting new people and providing a warm welcome, food, friendship, or shelter.
Abraham and Sarah, Widow Elijah stayed with, Peter’s mother, Martha, Lydia
People with this gift can
- Create a warm, welcoming environment.
- Meet new people and help them feel welcome.
- Provide a safe and comfortable setting where relationships can be built.
- Connect people together.
- Set people at ease.
- Family members may suffer.
- May see other’s natural reserve as unfriendly.
- May burn out.
Tips for nurturing this gift
- Let your church know this is your gift.
- Consider offering to host small groups in your home.
Small group host, greeter / usher, hosting fellowship events, visiting new comers, …
Not to be confused with the responsibility of all Christians to …
Greet others graciously.
(c) 2004, 2006, 2008 David Ewart, www.davidewart.ca
Permission is granted to photocopy all Spirit Given Gift materials for non-profit use, provided credit is acknowledged.
An easy to print or email Adobe PDF version of this page is available by clicking here.