The gift of faith is the ability to have unwavering confidence in God's faithfulness regardless of present circumstances.
Abraham and Sarah, Hannah, Esther, Job, Mary, Anna, Those who come to Jesus for healing, Paul and Silas
People with this gift can
- Trust the promises of God and inspire others to do the same.
- Act with complete confidence in God’s ability to overcome obstacles
- Demonstrate trust in God’s purposes.
- Advance the cause of Christ because they go forward when others will not.
- Ask God for what is needed and trust God will respond appropriately.
- May judge others of "small thinking."
- May not be able to admit misplaced faith.
- May interpret criticism of themselves as criticism of God.
- May not be open to evaluation by the community.
- May see planning and organization as lacking faith.
Tips for nurturing this gift
- Seek out others with this gift for mutual support.
- Know the Biblical stories of faith in the face of adversity.
- Keep track of specific instances when your faith has been rewarded.
Prayer group, new project development team, outreach ministries, …
Not to be confused with the responsibility of all Christians to …
Trust in God.
(c) 2004, 2006, 2008 David Ewart, www.davidewart.ca
Permission is granted to photocopy all Spirit Given Gift materials for non-profit use, provided credit is acknowledged.
An easy to print or email Adobe PDF version of this page is available by clicking here.