The gift of evangelism is the ability to introduce Jesus to others in a way that enables them to respond in faith to become Christâs disciples.
Mary Magdalene, The Samaritan Woman at the well, Paul, Phillip, Simon, the Apostles
People with this gift can
- Tell the Gospel simply, clearly, and convincingly.
- Easily talk with others about what God has done for them.
- Comfortably ask others to come to church and/or to invite them to groups or programs for new believers.
- Intuitively see opportunities to appropriately share faith.
- Is known to be a Christian in non-church circles: work, etc.
- May come across as a high pressure sales person.
- May be so focussed on "making a decision for Christ" that other areas of Christian life are neglected.
- May forget to let God do the convincing.
- Respected and respectful
Tips for nurturing this gift
- Join an existing evangelism group or adapt an existing program â learn from others.
- Make sure your gift is linked to the program of the church for supporting new Christians.
Open houses, community ministries, small group ministries, new Christian ministries, â¦
Not to be confused with the responsibility of all Christians to â¦
Share oneâs faith.
(c) 2004, 2006, 2008 David Ewart, www.davidewart.ca
Permission is granted to photocopy all Spirit Given Gift materials for non-profit use, provided credit is acknowledged.
An easy to print or email Adobe PDF version of this page is available by clicking here.