The gift of assisting is the ability to work to support leaders, lightening their workload, attaching spiritual value to practical, often behind-the-scenes tasks.
Timothy, Martha, Aaron, Joanna, Susanna, Silas, Dorcas, Phoebe
People with this gift can
- Gladly do behind-the-scenes tasks to help others.
- See the practical things that need to be done to help leaders, and enjoy doing them.
- Sense God’s purpose and pleasure in meeting everyday responsibilities
- May be denying other gifts.
- May neglect their own spiritual needs.
- May become over-helpful, or overly needy of being helpful.
- Might "help" in a way that is controlling and bossy.
- May find it hard to say, “No.”
- “Can do” attitude
Tips for nurturing this gift
- Stay up to date with skills you use.
- Look for new ways to apply your skills.
- Let leaders know that this is your gift.
Typing, phoning, research, event registration, keeping lists, purchasing supplies, …
Not to be confused with the responsibility of all Christians to …
Serve where needed
(c) 2004, 2006, 2008 David Ewart, www.davidewart.ca
Permission is granted to photocopy all Spirit Given Gift materials for non-profit use, provided credit is acknowledged.
An easy to print or email Adobe PDF version of this page is available by clicking here.